Our client is an established company who are experiencing exciting growth. Innovative and dynamic, they are constantly pursuing new ways to improve the services and products they offer. An opportunity has arisen for a Purchaser to join their team on a permanent basis.
This is the ideal role for a Purchaser looking to work with an exciting, vibrant company that can offer plenty of progression for the future.
As a Purchaser you will be responsible for reporting directly into the Finance Manager.
Your duties will include:
- Developing and maintaining relationships with existing and new suppliers to ensure competitive prices are obtained
- Developing targets and strategy on ongoing cost improvements
- Maintaining Purchasing best practice and techniques for contract tendering
- Negotiating retrospective discounts from all suppliers and monitoring target achievement progress
- Ensuring price increases are only levied in line with company policy
- Introducing quarterly supplier performance reviews
- Visiting suppliers, as and when required, to carry out suitability appraisals
- Sourcing new products and suppliers
- Attend both company and supplier meetings
- Complete weekly and monthly reports
- Monitor commodity indices on a weekly basis
- Handle all aspects of the Purchase Ledger
To be considered for the role of a Purchaser you must have:
- Previous experience in a buying or purchasing role
- Excellent Microsoft skills. Word and advanced excel are essential
- Knowledge of Sage Line 50 or other purchasing software
- The desire to succeed
- The ability to be able to communicate effectively at all levels
Additionally, your own transport is advised due to the location of the client.
To apply for the Purchaser role, please apply via the button or link shown. If your skills and experience meet with this requirement, we will contact you to discuss the position in further detail.
Additional Keywords: Purchasing Coordinator, buyer, Provisioning Administrator, Administration, Procurement, Purchasing, Purchasing Administrator, Purchasing, Administrator, Manufacturing, Manufacturing Administrator, Administration, Admin, Administrative, Buyer, Purchasing, Purchasing Manager, Procurement, Procurement Manager, CIPS, Supplier Manager, Supply Chain
Baxter Personnel 27-28 Blackwellgate, Darlington DL1 5HG
The latest news from Baxter Personnel!
Submit your CV to our database!
Sign up to our Newsletter!