National Minimum Wage and National Living Wage are changing! As of 1st April 2017 both will be increasing to help offset inflation and keep up with the rise in the average cost of living in the UK. Here is what you need to know and how you could be affected.
Changes to National Living and Minimum Wage are as follows:
- For those over 25, there will be an increase of 30p to £7.50
- For those aged between 21 to 24 there will be an increase of 10p to £7.05
- For those aged between 18 to 20, there will be a 5p increase to £5.60
- For those under 18, there will be an increase of 5p to £4.05
- For apprentices there will be an increase of 50p to £3.50
National Living Wage was introduced in April 2016 and is predicted to reach up to £9 by 2020. National Living Wage applies to all those over the age of 25. All changes to National Minimum Wage and National Living Wage are mandatory and affect workers over the age of 16.