Is a new job top of your Christmas list this year? Dispite what people may think, companies do still continue to recruit during Christmas time, despite the busy, crazy bustle of the season. Reasons may vary from business to business, but a determined job seeker can still find a new role if they put in the effort to search. Here are some reasons why:
- Christmas is a busy time of year and who has time to be looking for jobs? A lot of people put their job searching on hold over December to focus on family and celebrations until the new year... but this means less competition for the rest of you!
- Many companies must spend whatever money they have left in their hiring budget at the end of the year. If they don't, they could lose that amount as part of next year's funds.
- People tend to like to start out the new year with everything settled and no loose ends. This may mean hiring extra people in anticipation of staffing problems or taking care of any positions now instead of waiting until January.
- Many people leave their jobs this time of year, anticipating that they can spend the Christmas period with their family and then getting a fresh start in January with a new job.
- Christmas brings parties, holidays and special events, but recruitment never stops and there are still always business requirements that must be met. Many people think that christmas means temporarily suspending business but most companies will work through the Christmas period.
So what are you waiting for? Make December your period to push your job search ready for a fresh start in 2015! You can do this by:
- Searching multiple job boards and websites.
- Registering your CV with recruitment agencies.
- Attending Christmas events and networking with potential employers or companies.
- Taking advantage of any spare holiday time you may have off over the Christmas period.